How to Lose the Lines: Copying Testimony Without the Pesky Line Numbers Using Adobe Acrobat
We had a call from a client needing to copy testimony from a PDF of the deposition transcript without capturing those pesky page and line numbers. If you have Adobe Acrobat, this is as simple as pressing the Control + Alt keys.
Using Adobe Acrobat to Copy Just the Testimony from the Deposition Transcript
1. Click to the left of the testimony needed.
2. Hold down both the Shift and ALT keys, then drag the cursor to highlight all the testimony to be copied.
3. Click on Control + C to copy the highlighted testimony.
4. Open document where testimony is to be added and click where the testimony is to appear.
5. Use Control + V to paste the testimony into that file.
6. Testimony displays without the page line numbers.
These same instructions may also be used to copy specific parts or pieces of information within a PDF.