One Click Acrobat Bookmark Tip for e-Filings
Did you know that Acrobat will automatically create bookmarks for each document that you combine into a PDF Binder? Any bookmark contained within these documents also will be included in the bookmarks for the overall combined file. This auto-feature can be extremely useful when preparing your e-filings as many courts now require that e-filings include bookmarks. Auto-bookmarking your e-filings takes one simple click when using Acrobat DC Pro’s “Combine” tool.
Adding Bookmarks to Combined Files
- Open Acrobat’s COMBINE FILES tool.
- Click on the blue ADD FILES button to access your desktop files.
- Select the files to be included in your e-filing. Click OPEN to add each to the COMBINE FILES tool
- Drag and drop or use the MOVE UP arrow and MOVE DOWN arrow to re-order the files as needed.
- Click on the OPTIONS gear icon. The OPTIONS popup box displays.
- Check mark the box to “Always add bookmarks to Adobe PDF”
- Deselect the option to “Save as PDF Portfolio”
- Deselect the option to “Continue combining if error occurs”
- Click OK. Acrobat combines the files into a PDF Binder.
- Save the PDF Binder with the appropriate name for your e-filing.
Click on the bookmark icon in the left panel. A list of bookmarks for the e-filing display. Each document combined into the Binder will be bookmarked. Any bookmarks contained in these documents will be listed as well.
Combining documents into the PDF Binder enables you to auto-bookmark as well as re-order the document pages as necessary and link between pages within your e-filing.
For more ways that Acrobat DC Pro can make your work as a legal professional easier, register for Barkley’s Adobe Acrobat for the Legal Profession eM/CLEs. Dates and times available at: Barkley.com/webinar
To join our April 17 eM/CLE Adobe Acrobat for the Legal Profession: Part Two. Register Here.