Add a Confidential Stamp to Your Legal Files
Using Adobe Acrobat’s “Watermark” feature, you can add a Confidential stamp to the background of your PDFs–or any other text or image that your firm uses to help safeguard the content. The watermark can be set to display when viewing or printing the PDF. It can also be edited or removed, provided the PDF as not been sanitized or otherwise flattened.
How to Mark Content in a PDF as Confidential
- Open the Acrobat EDIT tool.
- Click on the WATERMARK option in the ribbon.
- Choose the ADD option. The ADD WATERMARK popup displays.
- Under SOURCE, choose the radio button to add TEXT.
- Type “Confidential” in the text field.
- Use the text options to adjust the font style, size, color, and alignment as needed.
- Under APPEARANCE, use the ROTATION options to display the Confidential stamp diagonally across the page.
- Adjust the OPACITY sliding scale or percentage box to set how dark the Confidential stamp appears.
- Check the box to SCALE RELATIVE TO TARGET PAGE to display the Confidential stamp across the page. Adjust the percentage as needed.
- Next to LOCATION, select the APPEAR ON TOP OF PAGE option.
- Click on the APPEARANCE OPTION link. Select when the Confidential stamp should display and if its size should remain consistent. 12. Use the POSITION options to adjust the VERTICAL and HORIZONTAL DISTANCE from the TOP, BOTTOM or CENTER of the page.
13. Click on the SAVE SETTINGS button at top of the ADD WATERMARK dialogue box to name and save these settings for future use. 14. Click OK. Acrobat adds the Confidential stamp as a watermark to every page in the PDF.
Watermark stamps can be added to folders of PDFs as well as to a single PDF. Simply select the appropriate button under the preview and follow the prompts.