How to Open PDFs with the Bookmarks Displayed
Having the PDFs you are preparing to file with the court open with the bookmarks pane displayed can save you time and help you ensure that all the information and exhibit pages are bookmarked for the court as required. Here’s how to have the PDFs that you’re preparing to file automatically open with the bookmarks panel in view using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.
Set PDFs to Open with Bookmarks Pane Displayed
- Open the PDF that you are preparing to file
- Choose the FILE option in the upper-left corner
- Select PROPERTIES and the DOCUMENT PROPERTIES popup displays
- Click on the INITIAL VIEW tab at the top of the popup
- Under LAYOUT AND MAGNIFICATION, use down arrow in NAVIGATION TAB field to select BOOKMARKS PANEL AND PAGE
- Adjust the Layout, Magnification, Windows and Interface options to your preferred settings
- Click OK
- SAVE and close the file
- Re-open the PDF to view the bookmarks alongside the first page in the file
The open view of any PDF can always be reset to the original view by selecting the PAGE ONLY view in the NAVIGATION TAB field. The PDF will open to the Page Only view after it has been SAVED and CLOSED.
There are many more ways that Adobe Acrobat DC Pro can make court filings and working with your PDFs easier. Join Barkley for our two-part Adobe Acrobat DC Pro for the Legal Profession eM/CLE series to learn how. More information available at: Barkley.com/webinar