How to Quickly Find the Testimony You Need
Need to find key testimony across the depositions taken in a case? Need access to that transcript fast? No worries! The REPOSITORY TEXT SEARCH feature available in most online transcript repositories makes it easy to identify and access the exact transcript you need–fast! If you are finding it difficult to remember who said what, here’s what to do:
1. Log in to your court reporting agency’s online transcript repository.
2. Click on the REPOSITORY TEXT SEARCH tab in top menu bar. The Repository Text Search page opens.
3. In the SEARCH CRITERIA panel on the left, enter the keys word(s) for the testimony you need to find.
4. Use the down arrow in SEARCH TYPE field to narrow your search to All, Any or the Exact key word(s).
5. Click the down arrow next to FILE TYPE to refine your search to a specific kind of file, such as only the exhibits.
6. Enter the case name in the Case field. Note: This field may be left blank to search all depositions set with that court reporting agency.
7. Click SEARCH at bottom of the SEARCH CRITERIA panel. Contextual search results display on the right. The file name, type, size, brief description, case name and witness for each search result is provided, along with some context to help you identify the exact transcript you need.
8. Select the brown ACTION button on far right of the File Name to download the appropriate file(s).
Note: This assumes, of course, that you’ve taken all the depositions in the case with the same court reporting firm. If you’d like a quick online demo, Barkley would be happy to help. Just email Barkley@Barkley.com to request your complimentary online demo. It only takes five minutes!